Looking for the not-so-obvious Valentine’s gifts? Try including your kiddos in on the fun to create a sweet statement for your loved one in the next couple of days!
Looking for a different way to express your love this Valentine’s day? Maybe the chocolate, dinner, flowers, thing is too much of a “been there” done that? OR maybe you want to break away from tradition and celebrate your love JUST BECAUSE on February 15th! Whatever your reason, if you’re searching for something new, different, and, otherwise, UNEXPECTED, for you and the number one love in your life…we have some awesome ideas below:
We’ve sectioned out these ideas into categories and spending brackets…just in case the holidays are STILL wreaking havoc on your budget! We included a price-indicator sheet just in case you weren’t certain what our symbols meant!
$-Least Expensive…or in some cases, FREE! (we will scream it out—FREE—if that’s what it ends up being)
$$-Mid-Range Cost—usually under $60.00
$$$-Most Expensive—looking at $100.00 or more in cost
Hello, Valentines? Party of 6? Getting the Kiddos Involved:
Think it’s too late to get original? No Sitter? NO problem! Check out these sure-fire ways to show the L-O-V-E and have fun with the kids in the process…win-win!
Get Crafty This Valentine’s Day!
Here’s two ideas we’ve done in the past when time and money weren’t necessarily on our side:
1.Make art pictures in the snow! Last year, we made art in the snow using food coloring (also works with washable paint in plastic ketchup and mustard bottles), then we took pictures of our designs to frame and give!
2.Handprints on Cardstock to look like flowers (adorable).
CREATE YOUR OWN POTTERY PLATE OR MUG
$$ *time sensitive–we have an idea on how to make it work!
Have your kiddos create their own plate or mug at a pottery studio. *NOTE—many of these places have timeframes which could include up to a week’s turnaround time to fire up the creation. Here’s how to get around that tricky little detail:
- Take kids to create pottery at pottery studio.
- Take pics of kids creating their works of art!
- Print up pics at local shop and have kiddos place them in a box or bag for your special someone!
IF you can get the items in time for the big day OR even if it’s after Wednesday….here’s what you can do:
On Valentine’s morning, afternoon or evening, make breakfast, lunch or dinner for your loved one with the kiddos…and serve it in their newly designed plate or mug. An adorable, unique way to say “WE LOVE YOU!”
RECREATE THAT SPECIAL PLACE!
$$$ *time sensitive–but COULD BE DONE IN THE NEXT TWO DAYS!
You and the kiddos could recreate a favorite place, moment for your loved one. Does your wife, hubby or partner love the beach but it’s all of 20 degrees outside? Bring the beach home. Here’s the beach theme idea:
1. Two or more plastic kiddo pools (find them here)
2. Blow up palm trees (find them here)
3. Blue cellophane to cover your floor for the look of the “ocean” Find it here:
4. Buy or create moon sand (recipe here—kids LOVE making this)
5. Use shells from last summer’s favorite beach trip OR purchase some extras here:
6. Download ocean waves sounds on your wireless speaker or phone(we have a wireless speaker and it’s AMAZING-check it out here)
7. Beach chairs by the pool filled with sand (if you need new ones-grab a couple here)
You and the kiddos could create tropical drinks and a tropical menu for dinner! Certainly, to be a Valentine’s your lovey won’t forget!